Sunday, September 13, 2009

Margaritas

So in my last post I mentioned how the margarita jello shooters made me want an actual margarita I could sip on. I found a great recipe and wanted to record it here.

The main component is homemade sour mix. To make, dissolve 1/4 cup sugar in 1 cup hot water. Then add 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 3 tablespoons lime juice. Chill.

To make the margarita, mix the components using this ratio:

1 part triple sec
2 parts tequila
4 parts sour mix

I used a shaker and served on the rocks.

3 comments:

Adam and Vicky said...

I had to share this as I came across it today!

http://annies-eats.com/2009/09/18/margarita-jello/

My name is Heather. said...

Vicky, I saw that too (I follow her on my blogger RSS feed). I love that blog! I find it interesting that her recipe starts with unflavored gelatin... seems easier to just use lime flavored since you add lime juice anyway! But maybe her version tastes more authentic.

Adam and Vicky said...

Good point on the unflavored gelatin! Seems like we could have fun experimenting!